got my first set of levels for my pool..

Apr 12, 2013
salt 3600
0.4 ppm free chlorine
no combined chlorine
ph 8
140 ppm alkalinity
50 ppm calcium hardness
zero or near zero cyanic acid

used the taylor test kit that came today.

this is the first real test i have done pool has only been up ehh 2 weeks. I have tossed some shock and salt in it. other then that nothing YET!

pool calculator seems to say add muratic acid to lower ph and if i am reading correctly will also change some other numbers.

so should i add the acid wait and re-test again tomorrow? chlorine is a tad low and ZERO stabablizer.

Muriatic Acid will lower the pH and have a small positive effect on Total Alkalinity. You need to get pH fixed, and let it circulate for half an hour or so before adding the bleach. While you're waiting, you can put the stabilizer in an old sock and get it tied up and hanging in front of a return.

Pool School will help.

Good advice above me, follow that and you will be good.
1) Chlorine-Low, add some bleach
2)pH-High, add muriatic acid
3)CYA-Add some stabilizer or conditioner to get it up. I would suggest aiming for 50, but put in 1/2 of what pool calculator says, test after a week, and add the rest.
P.S. Never heard of Delaware, where is it?

wheres delaware LOL hi neighbor.

acid is in and waiting for it to circulate a bit. got a jug of bleach standing by as pool calculator says use a whole jug to get it up.

ill hit store tomorrow for stabilizer.

since I am using a salt chlorinator I am assuming since the levels of chlorine is lower then a standard pool that stabilizer is VERY important as chlorine can burn off faster??

ckaminski74 said:
wheres delaware LOL hi neighbor.

acid is in and waiting for it to circulate a bit. got a jug of bleach standing by as pool calculator says use a whole jug to get it up.

ill hit store tomorrow for stabilizer.

since I am using a salt chlorinator I am assuming since the levels of chlorine is lower then a standard pool that stabilizer is VERY important as chlorine can burn off faster??
You are correct. And just turning up the SWG to generate more will only serve to burn out the element faster. My suggestion is to add enough CYA to get to 50, let it dissolve and mix for a week, then see where you are...just in cas ethe pool volume isn't exactly what you thought. It's easy to add a little more, not so easy to remove CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.