?Jandy Energy Filter?

cody20

Jun 13, 2012
Ok I have a pool with a sand filter. There is a clear plastic section on one of the pvc lines going to the pump/filter. It says Jandy Energy Filter on top of it and has a pressure gauge on top. Never seen one of these before. Today I backwashed the sand filter then cleaned/vacuumed the pool. The pressure on the jandy energy filter is about 30 psi. The filter inside the clear part is dirty. Any ideas on how to clean this filter? And how often I should clean it? Its about the size of small football. Sorry, best reference I could think of.

Thanks

Can you add a picture of your equipment pad?

Sometimes there are separate filters after the pump on a pressure cleaner line (that does not go through the main filter), but this sounds different.

Thank you Bama. Thats what I'm talking. The manual you sent is it. So the clear part on the bottom unscrews and you can spray off that filter? This is my first sand filter setup so its all a little new to me. Thanks for the info.

That Jandy canister filter has nothing to do with the sand filter. It is only there to filter the water that would bypass the sand filter and go to a pressure cleaner.

If you are not using an automatic pressure cleaner, then there is no point in even using that return to the pool.

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.