anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
From Houston Chronicle

"Body found at bottom of Harris County pool
By Mike Glenn | April 16, 2013
Comments 0 E-mail Print

A maintenance worker found a body Tuesday afternoon on the bottom of a community pool in northwest Harris County.
The worker was cleaning a pool about 3:30 p.m. in a subdivision clubhouse near FM 1960 and Champions Park when he saw a pair of adult shoes on the deck, authorities said.
He looked closer and saw what appeared to be a man on the bottom of the pool, authorities said.
Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables were called to the scene.
Homicide detectives with the Harris County Sheriff's Office have taken over the investigation."

Sorry state of pool maintenance that the body was not immediately visible.

That pool will not be open for swimming until May when swim team practice starts. Meanwhile the pool is kept locked up, though one could easily jump the wooden fence. The pool is not visible from the street but for a limited view through an iron gate and it is only partially visible from the clubhouse patio doors which are kept locked as well.

Even in mid-May the pool will be very cold. When my son was young and we lived in that neighborhood he joined swim team and practiced in that pool. I recall worrying that he would have a heart attack he was so shocked by jumping into the pool at the start of swim practice. They start getting the pool in shape about this time of year, maybe 4 weeks before practice starts.

When the pine pollen starts and the catkins fall into the pool in some years it gets very murky, other years not so much. They burned up the filter one year, the last year I lived there, by letting the pool get too full of debris.

I'll be watching to see how this one turns out. Heart attack or suicide I don't think the neighborhood association would be at fault in any way. Head injury from diving into a locked and dirty pool, probably not as well, but I am not so sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.