I am new too pools and this site. I have done a lot of reading here but I still have some questions. My family will be getting a new Intex ultra frame 16'x48" pool. I have also purchased a SWG to go with it. I live in Michigan and have well water with IRON. Here are some of my questions
First off I KNOW this is not the best AGP in the world. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, an ex wife and current wife. I'm on a budget **** it!
1. Do I have to take this thing down every year? I understand removing the pumps and storing them and removing some of the water. But should you take it down?
2. For setting up the ground I am planning on cutting up the sod and leveling the ground with a rented compactor then put 2-3 of sand down (compacted) then the tarp/pool. I was thinking of the XPS foam board vs. sand but it's pricey. Is one really better than the other? Also if you have to take the pool down every year what do you do with the bare sand/foam spot? Throw a tarp over it and call it good?
3. For the test kit I'm debating between the Taylor K-1005 & K-2006. Is the 2006 worth the extra $30?
4. With the SWG besides salt, it sounds like I need muriatic acid, borax and baking soda. Is there anything else for chemicals?
5. I plan on filling it off my well as I said before I do have iron. It is my understanding that the iron will eventually filter out or need to be cleaned off the bottom. Am I right on this?
6. As for cleaning I am looking at the aqua broom. Is this good or is there another recommendation for under $40?
7. I'm sure there is something else but I can't think of it now. Are there any other recommendations for my situation?