Can I add cement dye to pool epoxy?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
The pool has been replastered and there are spots where the plaster does not firmly attach to the rock coping. The rocks are rough and I know those guys worked a long time trying to smooth the plaster up to the edges but irregular surfaces are tough.

This makes me nervous as when we bought the house, we found leaks in the pool where the rocks meet the plaster. The pool had leaked since construction and there were really ugly water seepage stains in the driveway in the front of the house, so the water from the pool ran all the way from the back yard to the street. We had a leak detection service ID the leaks and we repaired with epoxy.

I alerted the plastering crew to this and they seemed to avoid the repaired places. But, I would like to go around and re-epoxy any space that seems to have any gap between the new plaster and the rock. I see a lot of spots, and any one of them might leak, IMO, since I am not so sure of the original plastering job and at the rocks they chipped down the old plaster.

The rocks are brown/red and the pool is blue-ish and I don't want to use white epoxy.

Can I tint the epoxy using grout/concrete color?

Well it looks like no one knows the answer so if I were you, I'd take a little epoxy and try it. I think it should work, but have never tried it with epoxy. If that doesn't work you might try finding some fiberglass pigment.

So far, the plasterer has said he has white and black pool epoxy and maybe we should try mixing to get grey. I will try that also. For now, I am hoping he returns today to check on the things that need tending. I saved $2500 by using the subcontractor direct but have to deal with a few pesky things that the full service guy would have tended to better. Like the pool leaking, the light in the deep end falling out of the wall.......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.