Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris AutoClear Plus

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris AutoClear Plus

We have the Polaris AutoClear Plus. It has been nothing but problems the past 2-3 years. Now we have a 91 error for low salt but the salt is not low. The temperature in our area is in the 70's now so we have the Polaris set to 85 degrees. Is there anything else we can do besides replace the salt generator and cell?

If we do replace, do you recommend a certain one? We have looked at Hayward AquaRite, Jandy, Pentair IC40.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris AutoClear Plus

If it comes down to replacing any parts on the unit your best bet would probably be replacing the entire unit as the AutoClear units have been off the market for a few years now. I'm not overly familiar with the AutoClear units but I assume the salt reading could caused by a failing cell.

If we do replace, do you recommend a certain one? We have looked at Hayward AquaRite, Jandy, Pentair IC40.
    All 3 of those options are very popular and from the "big 3" manufacturers in the industry. How many gallons is your pool?
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris AutoClear Plus

I would look at the CircuPool/CompuPool SWGs too. I think JoshU is looking for the size of your pool so you size your next (should you decide to buy a new one) SWG correctly.
    Happy hunting!
    22,000 Gal. Pebble-tech Sand Finish Pool | Pentair Pump(s) | Jandy AquaLink RS6 Controls | CircuPool RJ45 SWG