Overwhelmed with Flotsam

Apr 10, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Just bought a home with a pool surrounded with trees that are currently dropping "tons" of floating pollen and leaves that is overwhelming the skimmer. I have to empty it every hour. What can I do besides cutting down the trees (which the HOA won't be too crazy about)?

You could get a Pool Skim, or similar device. That would give you somewhere between two and four times the leaf/debris capacity.

If you have a main drain, make sure the main drain is turned on so the pump doesn't starve for water when the skimmer is full.

Thanks btolley. However, for me as soon as I finish raking, it's like I wasn't even there. It's extremely winding here this time of year and everything is blooming.

JasonLion - I viewed a few YouTube videos on the PoolSkim. Do you think it will draw the floating pollen into the basket? It's extremely buoyant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.