When I test for pool chemistry with TF -100 should I
always look down at that tube to see the color change
and not from the side?
There is a difference.

Thank you,
The only thing I have a problem with is the
CH ,everything else checks out,before I add the R-0012 it is light pink,
when I add 13 drops the top turns a darker blue,when I look from the side
I have to go to 45 drops (450 CH )and only still get light blue ,would this be OK?
I kept adding up to 75 drops and still light blue,maybe this is all it changes or my eyes are gone.
Every thing looks great but I do not want to damage my SWG or heater.I have vinyl liner.
Thank You again.

heidiho said:
Thank you,
The only thing I have a problem with is the
CH ,everything else checks out,before I add the R-0012 it is light pink,
when I add 13 drops the top turns a darker blue,when I look from the side
I have to go to 45 drops (450 CH )and only still get light blue ,would this be OK?
I kept adding up to 75 drops and still light blue,maybe this is all it changes or my eyes are gone.
Every thing looks great but I do not want to damage my SWG or heater.I have vinyl liner.
Thank You again.
Light blue is the final color for the CH test. It will go from pinkish to purplish to dark blue and then sky blue. When you hit sky blue and another drop doesn't change it, stop.

Are you swirling after every drop? There should not be a color differential in the water.

Adding the SpeedStir to you kit would help greatly ... especially with the CH test.

No ligh on, I did it outside yesterday and inside today,would
the water temp have any effect on it? 63degrees ,How high can it be
without damaging the heater or vinyl liner if it will?I will check it again tomorrow
and if I am not comfortable with it then I will order more chemicals even though
these are only around a year old,they are running low due to testing so much,I will
also have someone else watch the sample as I test.

From your description it sounds like around 450 ... when it went sky blue and stopped changing.

Try this method to see what happens:
Use 10 ml of pool water, 10 drops of R-0010, 3 drops of R-0011L, and multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 25 to get your CH level.

Another possibility:
The sample may turn purple during the test, or go to blue for a moment and then turn back to red/pink. This is called a "fading endpoint" and is caused by interference from metal ions. If this happens, do the test again, but this time add five drops of R-0012 before adding any R-0010 or R-0011L. Remember to count the initial five drops in the total.

Find more info here:
extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206396

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was just reading the link that you added on for testing .And as soon as I read about the
R-0011L leaving a stain on the bottle if it is bad ,that might be the problem.When I looked at it yesterday
it looked full after moving it around I saw that it was 3/4 full,I stored the kit inside all year round and I never had any luck
with this test last year but thiught with a vinyl liner why worry,after all of the reading on this forum I started to think about the other equipment.Thanks for the help ,I will order some new items for my test kit and hopefully that will give the results I am looking for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.