Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OK Here goes.....Dog Odors.....

1. Back To Top    #1

OK Here goes.....Dog Odors.....

So OK we have three little Yorkies whom hate getting their feet wet and when it rains. Getting them to go potty on the grass is tough so they like to use the Landscaping area and the small river rocks as their potty area.

My boys are on a constant patrol every couple days to "pick up" and such. We just have little grass for them but huge landscaping beds as mentioned above.

Even with picking up and cleaning I still get a dose of odor occasionally in the pool area and its unsettling. I there anything that can be put down that is safe for grass and plants? I thought I overheard a Septic Line company say that when they have a line issue they use Nitrogen to remove the odor....LOL Not saying that's what I have going on here but I was wondering what/if any of you have this issue and what you recommend.

I little disgusted, and a little embarrassed - Jim
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OK Here goes.....Dog Odors.....

My carpet cleaner had an enzyme product that worked really well. He claimed it would clean totally disgusting carpets safely, digesting the waste products until they were totally gone. Safe for indoor use, I would think not harmful to plants but I don't know. I have no idea of the name. You might search for products like that. Sorry I can't help more.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Flooding the affected area with water might help. I know that watering rocks sounds silly, though. I see you've got a sand filter - maybe you could use backwash water to hose down the rocks.
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Put a small gravel area away from the pool - put a small fence (portable if needed) between the pool area and the dogs so they have to use the new area.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

You might try https://www.spalding-labs.com/produc...l/default.aspx I've not used this product but I do use the fly predators.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you all-
    I was also told that Agri Lime can be used.
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Baking soda
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

8. Back To Top    #8

Hmmm baking Soda? That will be worth a try - its easily available.

Thanks ps0303