Hayward E-Command 4 Upgrade Question

zulfie

Apr 16, 2013
Hi, did some searching on the forum, but couldn't find an answer, hoping that someone can help.

I have the Hayward e Command 4 controller that came with the round Goldline control, however, it is lacking, specifically for 2 things that would be nicer.

1. Being able to visually see and set the temperature of the spa/pool
2. being able to switch between pool/spa and spillover mode. The remote only gives spa and pool function now

Wondering if it possible to upgrade the brain or something and get a new remote, maybe like the Aquapod or something like that.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

The only remote they list as compatible is the 6 function remote without a display. To get a fancier remote you would need to upgrade the main automation box to one of their fancier automation systems.

zulfie said:
2. being able to switch between pool/spa and spillover mode. The remote only gives spa and pool function now

So is what you are saying is that in pool mode, your spa does not spill over into the pool? If this is so it's more of a piping issue rather than a controller issue.

And yes if you wanted to see the temperature of the water remotely, unfortunately you would need to upgrade the entire controller.

JasonLion said:
If you have a spillover spa, the pool/spa button should cycle between three setting: pool, spa, spillover. Perhaps spillover mode has been disabled on the main unit?

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply. I went into the locked config mode of the brain and checked that, but it only gives the option to set it either in pool mode or spa mode, nothing for spillover mode. The remote only has the buttons on it for either pool or spa. For me to switch to spillover from spa into pool, I have to manually go to the box and cycle through the filter mode to spill over.

I was hoping there might be something as simple as changing out the CPU or potentially being able to upgrade it alone and not having to change out the whole panel :(

The manual says:
When spa spillover is “Enabled” and “Pool and Spa”, the homeowner will be able to rotate through “Pool Only” (both suction and return valves switched to pool), “Spa Only” (both suction and return valves switched to spa) and “Spillover” (suction valve switched to pool and return valve switched to spa) by successive presses of the “Pool/Spa button.

JasonLion said:
The manual says:
When spa spillover is “Enabled” and “Pool and Spa”, the homeowner will be able to rotate through “Pool Only” (both suction and return valves switched to pool), “Spa Only” (both suction and return valves switched to spa) and “Spillover” (suction valve switched to pool and return valve switched to spa) by successive presses of the “Pool/Spa button.

Sorry, my replies were not clear, yes, can definitely do this at the controller box, can switch between, spa, pool and spill over. I just don't have this functionality on the remote. The remote (Goldline Round - 6 function) only has a spa and pool button.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.