Spa attached to pool ring + DE on floor

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,

Have a inground pool with attached spa.

The DE filter had a problem for a while and blew DE into the spa, and then into the pool, where it served as a nice coating all over the pebbletech.

So, fixed the filter, and no longer have DE blowing into the spa, but have a lot of white DE on the floor of the spa that's refusing to be brushed up.

Also, have a ring of suntan+makeup around the waterline of the spa. the spa is all pebbletech - no tiles.

So, what's the best way to clean the floor and ring around the spa?

Many thanks.

Have not tested water yet, but saw my pool guy yesterday. He said that the Chlorine was down and advised cleaning the chlorine grids - I'll do that Saturday. Also noted too much alge, so I put some pool shock in to kill that - looks better, but the spa floor is still full of whiteness. I'll get the water tested Saturday and report back.

Welcome to TFP!!!

The "shock" you did is not what we recommend. Read this: pool-school/shocking_your_pool and the rest of Pool School if you want to understand the chemistry and take control of your pool.

BTW, pool store testing in next to useless ... they are very inaccurate and inconsistent. Do yourself a favor and order one of the test kits we recommend.

chewtoy said:
OK, used the Taylor kit that just arrived today. Here are the results:

pH 8.0
Ta 100ppm
Calcium hardness off the scale
CYA off the scale

Thoughts?
[center:2s670ab7][attachment=0:2s670ab7]crystal-ball.jpg[/attachment:2s670ab7]
I see a partial drain and refill in your future.

There's no other way to remove excessive CYA and Calcium.[/center:2s670ab7]

Attachments

• crystal-ball.jpg
    crystal-ball.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 387

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
chewtoy said:
OK, used the Taylor kit that just arrived today. Here are the results:

pH 8.0
Ta 100ppm
Calcium hardness off the scale
CYA off the scale

I see a partial drain and refill in your future.

There's no other way to remove excessive CYA and Calcium.[/center]

Ugh. Where does the high calcium come from? This is a salt pool. I've not added salt for a while...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.