Wilmington, NC
I just opened the pool this week, and here are my numbers:
CL-13
FC-0
TC-13
CYA-35
TA-80
pH-7.5
CH-well, my well water is so bad, we know its out of whack, so I don't even measure it anymore...its in the 480 range. Between my well water, and the initial use of all the bad chemicals before BBB....but its a vinyl pool.

Upon opening, there was almost zero CYA, so I added that via the sock method. Seemed to come out ok. The water is clean and clear...and 67 degrees by the way....gotta love SE North Carolina. No leaves or debris. Any chemistry suggestions? My CL levels were high because before the CYA got into the water I was having to keep it elevated, because it was dissipating so rapidly, we had a stretch of summer weather here, and the sun was doing its thing on the chlorine with my initially low CYA. I'm letting CL settle down a tad, I know they're a bit elevated. I need to bump up my TA a bit, baking soda and acid to offset the pH shift? I'll head to the pool calculator. At any rate, this is the first year in 5, that I haven't come out to an utter swamp.....like I had last year. I wanted to let you all know, how much I appreciate this, because it frees up my time to do other projects. Might even have a Kegerator for my homebrew out there near the pool this year. Thank you all very much, and if you have any feedback on my water, I'll come and check that out!

Tom

I just did a search for Wilmington and found you. Thought it might be nice to know there's another BBB guy around here. Btw I brew as well. Where do you live? I I'm near Pine Grove and Greenville loop.

Sorry it took so long, been pretty busy. I live near the airport, and I also brew. I get my supplies at Wilmington Homebrew on Wrightsville Ave. In fact, its time for another batch. BBB is awesome, and I have saved bundles of money. My pool water is crystal clear, and if I do mess up, I know how to fix things now. I also know everything about my water. I love this site, and have learned a great deal here.

Tom

Thanks Jeff, I've been enjoying a troublefree pool since I found this site. Unbelievable how much money I blew before I started doing my own water testing. By the way Pezzdog. I get my chlorine (aka Bleach) at Sam's Club on College Rd. You should see the looks I get at the check out line when I bring up 5 cases of Bleach once or so a month. "Are you cleaning today?" My reply, "Yep, I'm cleaning water thoroughly." I just got done swimming with my dog Risky, crazy dog loves the pool.

Vid Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZ69VK4 ... gpumg-Xc1A

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.