Intelliflo VF and booster pump for polaris

Urodoc

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2012
I put an Intelliflo VF in to replace my old centurian. I have a polaris 280 that runs off of a booster pump.
The polaris booster is still hooked up to the intermatic timer.
I like to run the Intelliflo to turn over my pool once every cycle. Over the winter, I had the pool covered and the booster off. I ran the pump at a continuous low flo and enjoyed the low electric bill.

However, with the polaris back in and the booster running 3-4 hours a day for the cleaner, I am not sure if running it low is safe for the pumps.

Currently I am cycling my pool once over 18 hours and running Feature 3 for 3-4 hours at 50gpm to overlap the time interval that the booster is on .

Is the Feature necessary?
Is there a minimum flow rate that the Intelliflo should run at while the booster is running?

I'm just trying to optimize my system.

Thanks for any advice.

Im not sure if there is a minimum flow that will cause you any real ill effects.
However, what I did was install the Blue restrictor (least restrictive) plate in the quick connect. With Booster pump on follow the instructions for wheel RPM. I then increase my VSP to get my polaris to that setting and created a timer for that.

Do you really need to run the Polaris 3-4 hours each day? that seems very high.

Love it!!! Good logical answer. I'll adjust VSP for Polaris wheel RPM of 28-34.

Unfortunately my pool is surrounded by trees. Hopefully after spring droppings stop I can decrease Polaris time.
Thanks!

turns out that at 33 GPM my polaris runs at 32 RPM.
Ugh, but my stainless air bleeder on my FNS plus DE filter was shot, just a few strands of stainless steel left. Which explained the DE in the pool... :-(
busy weekend...

I'm going to wait till tomorrow to adjust the Intelliflo. Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.