T-Minus 10 days to pool installation...

Apr 10, 2013
Akron, NY
10 long days to go until the hose goes in to start to fill!!
This site has been fantastic, I was almost convinced Simple Blue was the way to go... the shame... the horror...
I have purchased the TF-100 kit and I have tested the fill water:
CL between 1-2
FC 1
CC .5
pH 7.3
TA 120
CH 230

So my strategy for startup using the pool calculator is:
Add stabilizer with a target of 35
Boost up the pH
Then add bleach to get to 5, based on hacing CYA at 35 (even though the CYA test results will not show that immediately)
Monitor the pH for drops from adding CYA
TA and CH seem good to start.

Is there anything I am missing?

I want to keep the CYA low to start since it will still be a couple months for the sun to kick in up here outside of Buffalo.
It seems a lot easier to raise it then lower it!

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Well, for a first poster, you have a great grip on your pool chemistry. You have everything thought out almost perfectly. Of course, with BBB, we NEVER get it perfect...we just keep shooting for that goal. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would suggest you leave pH alone for now. Despite your correct thinking about the acidic CYA, you won't get that much drop and, importantly, almost all pools have a naturally rising pH so I think yours will start heading up slowly on it's own. I would monitor it but I wouldn't be in a rush to lower it.

VERY nice work! :whoot: :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.