another pump/sand filter sizing question

May 22, 2011
16 x 30, 6'deep end 3' shallow currently there is a hayward super pump there and a sand filter ( decals are worn off ( i thinking about 300lb ?)

2- 1.5" inlets from 2 skimmers and one 1.5 outlet to 3 returns.
What do i need? ( on a budget, i am selling this house)

Thanks

MikeG

jblizzle said:
I take it this is a different pool than in your signature?

What is wrong with what is there? Why replace it if you are going to sell?

Yes it is a different pool. The house is a bank repo and i dont know if its operable or if the sand filter is big enough and the pump looks bad ( not a good selling point)

the sand filter is a hayward 166t ( 100 lb er) Is that big enough for an approx 18000 gal pool?

Our recommendation for 18k pool would be a 3.2+ sqft sand filter ... so a 24"+ diameter. You only have a 16" filter (1.4 sqft), so much smaller than we would suggest and really better suited for a pool < 7500 gallons.

As far as pump goes, there does not appear to be a need for high flow, so a small pump would be cheapest and cost the least to run. Think around 3/4HP and maybe a 2-speed for a selling point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.