Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: History of TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

History of TFP

Hi, I was just searching around on the forums and I notice that it only goes back to March 2007, but it doesn't look like it was started from scratch in 2007 - everybody knew each other and topics were being continued from something.

Did TFP exist in some form before March 2007? When did it get started?
    ~15k gal IG pebble pool/spa w/ water features, Goldline ProLogic + SWG, 2x Hayward Northstar pumps, Hayward Booster Pump, Hayward 60sqft DE filter, 400k BTU Hayward heater, Hayward Viio Turbo pool cleaner, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: History of TFP

TFP was founded by SeanB, along with a group of people from PoolForum.com, in 2007 after PoolForum.com had an extended period when they were unable to accept new members.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Does this site or poolforum have any affiliation with poolspaforum.com?
    ~15k gal IG pebble pool/spa w/ water features, Goldline ProLogic + SWG, 2x Hayward Northstar pumps, Hayward Booster Pump, Hayward 60sqft DE filter, 400k BTU Hayward heater, Hayward Viio Turbo pool cleaner, TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I think poolforum.com is having membership acceptance problems now (or at least a month ago). I tried to join, never received the activation email, tried to contact "help" to no avail.

Somehow, I found this place and I'm thankful for it.
    19,500gal, Gunite, Pebbletec, Chlorine, PCC2000 cleaner, Stenner Chlorine Pump, MegaCatch Mosquito Trap

5. Back To Top    #5

The first rule of TFP is we don't talk about PF

J/K
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by elenaran
    Not directly. Poolspaforum.com came after poolforum.com but not directly (i.e. not like TFP where many poolforum.com members moved to TFP). One member from TFP (waterbear) is a moderator at poolspaforum.com and I follow and post to both mostly because poolspaforum.com had more spa activity though now there's starting to be more of that at TFP. Every once and a while I'll post to poolforum.com but not very often.

See History of Troublefreepool.com and History of TFP in 1 minute.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Troublefreepool.com has no affiliation with either one. It is my guess but I don't think there is any affiliation between the other two, either.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School