Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I clean out the drains in my Blue Haven spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I clean out the drains in my Blue Haven spa?

I have an inground pool/spa built by Blue Haven. The spa is not heating and after looking everything over it looks like the problem is that the drains in the bottom of the spa are clogged with debris and the spa water is not recirculating through the heater. What is the best way to clean out the debris?

- 12' x 2.5' round
    - 1550 gallon
    - Cheesy piece of junk 4" paper filter with pump attched not good for anything
    - 1.5HP hayword pump with 29" x 9" paper filter sitting in my shed waiting to be hooked up
    - Insert your favorite "Tim the Tool Man" saying here
    - Picnic table on the side with a childrens "Step 2" slide and garden hose spraying it for the perfect redneck water slide
    - Very clear pool after I decided to do the BBB and ditch the starting kit from Wally World
    - Love the "BBB"!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How do I clean out the drains in my Blue Haven spa?

You can try a "drain king" to force water backward from the pump to the drain. Hopefully any debris will be pushed back into the spa.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!