Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Orlando Solar Installer

1. Back To Top    #1

Orlando Solar Installer

Just got a new roof and need someone to re-install our solar panels... Would like to keep it local and of course as cheap as possible, while doing the job right.

Looking for recommendations/referrals...

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Orlando Solar Installer

I used Fun in the Sun solar company and was very pleased with the install and it seems to work great. Pool temp was 93 when I got home from a 7 day trip and had to turn down the solar thermostat.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by hunt323
    I used Fun in the Sun solar company and was very pleased with the install and it seems to work great.
    We also used Fun in the Sun for our install from scratch. I suspect they will not be low bidder but their workmanship was good and after a little negotiating their pricing was in the range.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys, just sent them a message through their website.

Keep 'em comin!

5. Back To Top    #5

When I had my pool installed last summer the builder used Superior Solar in Longwood to provide and install the solar system. They did a great job. The only problem I had with the system was the next day the vacuum break valve failed (not their fault) and started spraying water everywhere. I call them after isolating the solar system and they said they would be out 1st thing in teh morning to repair the problem. They were out the next morning at 8 AM to replace it. Longwood is over an hour north of where I live, so they were on the road early. Since then, no problems or issues.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by donwiley View Post
    When I had my pool installed last summer the builder used Superior Solar in Longwood to provide and install the solar system. They did a great job. The only problem I had with the system was the next day the vacuum break valve failed (not their fault) and started spraying water everywhere. I call them after isolating the solar system and they said they would be out 1st thing in teh morning to repair the problem. They were out the next morning at 8 AM to replace it. Longwood is over an hour north of where I live, so they were on the road early. Since then, no problems or issues.
    If you're still watching this thread... I'm considering Superior Solar. A couple of years later now, are you still happy with SS? Do you recall when you selected then if they were price-competitive, or did they command a premium price (which seems be case today)?
    10,000 gal in-ground; 1hp single speed pump; Puck chlorination; Pebbletek; Hayward C1200 filter. Coming: solar, Intermatic PE953RC and Z-wave.