Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I use BBB method and works great! I am going on a 1 week vacation and don't have a "Liquidator", but do have a auto-tab dispenser in line (that's not used). I lose about 1.5 per 24 hours of FC (10K gallons, 70 degrees), I add about 16 oz. of Clorox per day. If I fill up the chlorinator with tabs, what digit should I put the dial on to get 1.5-2 ppm added? (goes from Off to 5). Pump runs 4-5 hrs per day.

Or should I just add a gallon of Clorox and hope FC doesn't go below 3 in a week? I don't really want CYA rising much since I finally got it down to 45-50.

You'd have to test awhile to know where to set the dial. You'd have to load it with some tabs, then run 24 hrs on some setting, then remove the tabs and judge how much was dissolved on that setting in 24 hours. Removing tabs from the unit is really hard. Perhaps you could wrap them in something so you could retrieve them, it is really hard otherwise. Not sure what would stand up to that much chlorine.

But for only a week, you could also just dose up to shock level and hope that all was well when you returned. That depends on the weather while you are gone. Heat and sun and rain and debris runs down the chlorine. Current cools temps are easy on chlorine levels.

I've done both at once, shocked the pool with bleach and then loaded a minimum amount of tabs on a low setting. I found that the tabs hardly dissolved. Not sure if the high FC in the pool led to them not dissolving much or if the lower setting of 1.5 is that much less than 2.5. Or maybe the autochorinator is not really working, I dunno, never checked after the vacation. I saw that the TA was suppressed some so I believed it was working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.