New Member (Test Kit Question)/BBB question

Apr 15, 2013
Graham, NC
I read the BBB beginner topic, and it listed 3 test kits suggested, it was wrote in 2008, my question is are these three test kits still the status best to get?

( I have a 24' ABG Round pool) I inherited from a house purchase, So far I have done 2 bags of shock (like the size of a burrito) then something called ClearRx by PoolLife then done the steps it asked took water to be tested it tested (high phosphate count) so did a Revive treatment and 1 bag of shock, done the steps it required, water is clear, but the pool place is closed on Monday so i could not test after my revive treatmeant, that will be tomorrow.

Going with the BBB in mind, do I want to order a test kit, and see what I have done so far, or, do I take a sample back in for a test at the local pool place? Or wait on test kit to arrive?

We have not swam in our pool as of yet. Thanks for any input (Help the NEWBIE)

Welcome to TFP!

Definitely order one of the test kits. TF100 is the best value with great customer service and 18 month warranty. You get more of the reagents that you need sui the kit lasts longer.

Just about everything you have added to the pool is not something we would recommend. You can save yourself a lot of money by reading Pool School to understand the chemistry and getting your own kit to take control of the pool and avoiding the potions the pool store is selling you.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

If you're going the BBB route, wait for the kit. Pool store chemicals are either more expensive than what you need, or they're not necessary at all. Either way, you'd be throwing money at the pool while you don't what it really needs.

Go with either the Taylor K-2006 or the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. Most people here have the TF100 because it ends up being the better value.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.