Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member (Test Kit Question)/BBB question

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member (Test Kit Question)/BBB question

I read the BBB beginner topic, and it listed 3 test kits suggested, it was wrote in 2008, my question is are these three test kits still the status best to get?

( I have a 24' ABG Round pool) I inherited from a house purchase, So far I have done 2 bags of shock (like the size of a burrito) then something called ClearRx by PoolLife then done the steps it asked took water to be tested it tested (high phosphate count) so did a Revive treatment and 1 bag of shock, done the steps it required, water is clear, but the pool place is closed on Monday so i could not test after my revive treatmeant, that will be tomorrow.

Going with the BBB in mind, do I want to order a test kit, and see what I have done so far, or, do I take a sample back in for a test at the local pool place? Or wait on test kit to arrive?

We have not swam in our pool as of yet. Thanks for any input (Help the NEWBIE)
    AGP/14500/ 24' round/Rec WareHouse SandFilter/Hayward Skimmer
    1st time pool owner (April 2013)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member (Test Kit Question)/BBB question

Welcome to TFP!

Definitely order one of the test kits. TF100 is the best value with great customer service and 18 month warranty. You get more of the reagents that you need sui the kit lasts longer.

Just about everything you have added to the pool is not something we would recommend. You can save yourself a lot of money by reading Pool School to understand the chemistry and getting your own kit to take control of the pool and avoiding the potions the pool store is selling you.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're going the BBB route, wait for the kit. Pool store chemicals are either more expensive than what you need, or they're not necessary at all. Either way, you'd be throwing money at the pool while you don't what it really needs.

Go with either the Taylor K-2006 or the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. Most people here have the TF100 because it ends up being the better value.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok I ordered the TF-100 and will just wait, it looks like it came from a Moderators business. Duraleigh? Which im about 45 minutes, so hopefully the shipping want be long. (Pool School) is very helpful.

5. Back To Top    #5

You are correct the kit comes from Dave. You may have the kit by tomorrow.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Hey, Vincent Vega,

Yeah, if you got your order in before 2:00PM (and you must have) it will be at your house tomorrow. Thanks!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Not sure when it went thru but i have my receipt already and thank you for the quick turn around