Where to buy reagent replacements and other stuff

Dec 25, 2011
Charleston, SC
Hi, Newer pool owner made if through 1 season with the 100 Kit...now need some advice on where everyone gets replacement reagents. I'm low on a few so I don;t need another whole kit.

On another tangent, we are looking to buy a second set of filters so one can soak while we put the others in...any great places to buy replacement filters?

Lastly, We've taken to buy baking soda and chlorine from Sam's, can't find a greater price anywhere so that was great!...but are still looking for optimal locations for CYA and Muriatic Acid. Anyone have any great leads on these?

Thanks in advance!

Still a newbie! :wave:

Also looking for where to buy knee highs to put inside the polaris bag...We go to Walmart for that but was curious if anyone else found them cheaper in bulk. THAT nylon idea was an awesome idea I got from this forum. I think its saved my HOURS of time!

I think TFTestkits.net has the best prices on refills. You can choose a la carte if you want.

Best price I saw for nylons was Walmart.

Best price I saw for acid was Menard's (if you have them near you) in the paint section.

Google "cyanuric acid" online. I saw a few places that will sell stabilizer that is 100% CYA, and with no shipping and no tax you get get it $3-4/lb,.

Smykowski said:
Best price I saw for acid was Menard's (if you have them near you) in the paint section.
x2 -- found it on sale last summer for $2.50/gal. Any home improvement store would have it, but not all have good prices. I believe $4 is full price at Menards.

I throw the pool store a bone and buy a thermometer and CYA along with any misc parts from them. Hardly enough to matter, but if my pump went out I would check with them first to pickup a replacement.

mrswhitsie said:
Also looking for where to buy knee highs to put inside the polaris bag...We go to Walmart for that but was curious if anyone else found them cheaper in bulk. THAT nylon idea was an awesome idea I got from this forum. I think its saved my HOURS of time!

Say who what where now? What nylon idea? Can you explain further? Sounds like something I could use.

Thanks

I would get all of my refills from tftestkits.net, except for the CYA test. There is another website (amatoind.com [I have no affiliation with them]) that sells the 16 oz (1 pint) bottle for $7 plus shipping, which works out cheaper per ounce than the 8 oz from tftestkits.net. And it never goes bad, either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.