Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy reagent replacements and other stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy reagent replacements and other stuff

Hi, Newer pool owner made if through 1 season with the 100 Kit...now need some advice on where everyone gets replacement reagents. I'm low on a few so I don;t need another whole kit.

On another tangent, we are looking to buy a second set of filters so one can soak while we put the others in...any great places to buy replacement filters?

Lastly, We've taken to buy baking soda and chlorine from Sam's, can't find a greater price anywhere so that was great!...but are still looking for optimal locations for CYA and Muriatic Acid. Anyone have any great leads on these?

Thanks in advance!

Still a newbie!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to buy reagent replacements and other stuff

Also looking for where to buy knee highs to put inside the polaris bag...We go to Walmart for that but was curious if anyone else found them cheaper in bulk. THAT nylon idea was an awesome idea I got from this forum. I think its saved my HOURS of time!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

I think TFTestkits.net has the best prices on refills. You can choose a la carte if you want.

Best price I saw for nylons was Walmart.

Best price I saw for acid was Menard's (if you have them near you) in the paint section.

Google "cyanuric acid" online. I saw a few places that will sell stabilizer that is 100% CYA, and with no shipping and no tax you get get it $3-4/lb,.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Smykowski
    Best price I saw for acid was Menard's (if you have them near you) in the paint section.
    x2 -- found it on sale last summer for $2.50/gal. Any home improvement store would have it, but not all have good prices. I believe $4 is full price at Menards.

I throw the pool store a bone and buy a thermometer and CYA along with any misc parts from them. Hardly enough to matter, but if my pump went out I would check with them first to pickup a replacement.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]