Hoses for solar panels? What are they called?.

SuzyAbbott

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 29, 2011
Hamilton, NJ
So we were able to get one solar panel going. What a nightmare this is turning into. What is the type of hose called that does not have the hard plastic thing on the ends. Regular pool hoses have that and you can't clamp them onto the solar pipe. The only one I can find is the one that attaches the vacuum to the skimmer on the intex. I need two hoses about 25 ft each and don't know what they're called. They're not pool hoses. Grrr they should tell you you need weird stuff when they describe them :-( if anyone knows the name for these I'd appreciate it. Off to depot in the am and would like to not sound stupid. Need the ones that don't spiral all the way to the end and have the molded flat area that the clamp sits on...but not the hard adapter end things. Ugh!!

Just remember sump pump hose is not designed to be pressurized, so you will need to make sure you bypass the majority of the flow from you pool pump around the solar panel so the hose does not explode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.