Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Step Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Step Replacement

I am going to be replacing my liner and need suggestions on what I can do to fix my plastic steps that are cemented into the pool. They are cracked and I have tried everything to seal them. Now I just want to replace them because they look really bad. I would like to get a liner that will go over the steps but have no idea how I would secure the liner to the steps. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra-Frame. Hayward Thru-wall skimmer mod. Adjustable Fountain. Hayward SP1593 1-1/2 HP Power-Flo Matrix Pump. Hayward S116T Pro Series 16" Top-Mount Sand Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Middle Tennessee

Re: Step Replacement

We put liner over steps. Pool builder formed concrete steps, covered with foam. We purchased rods that were made for liner over step installation. The liner had clips where the steps are and attached to the rods. We purchased these from the same place we got the liner. They look great!
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.