Starting with almost empty pool

I've updated my location, I'm in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I put in my numbers from yesterday and got -0.3 which, if I'm reading it right isn't in the bad zone for plaster.

Looking at my test results, numbers and pics, do you think the algae is gone? I think I have to leave the pump running until 24 hours after the CYA dissolves. So, it's a question of whether to maintain the FC shock level or not.

Seems like you are done with the shock process to me.

I just did a major refill and have low CH like you. Being in AZ with our evaporation, the CH will climb. So, I am just keeping my pH a little higher for now with the low CH to keep the CSI reasonable. This is a deviation from typical forum advice, but if you understand it, then you are fine.

If you have brought your CH into the proper range - you should be good there.
You should leave the pump running till CYA is all dissolved. As for the FC, its clear and you are close enough that I would suggest DONT add anymore FC today. Test tonight before sundown then compare to tomorrow morning. Again, if you lose more than 1ppm overnight, bring it back up to shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.