Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening pool - First Spring Reults

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening pool - First Spring Reults

Hey guys/gals. Just getting the pool opened up and here are some results - any thoughts? Things look good? My only questions are:

the CYA a little low?
    my Cal a little high?
    what FC level do you recommend?

(tested with TF-100)

FC 3
    CC 0
    pH 7.5
    TA 75
    Cal 330
    CYA 30-35

Temp 71 degrees

pool specs in signature

thanks!
    25K gal plaster IG pool/spa - Aqua Pure SWG - Jandy RS8 with OneTouch and iAqualink - 1.5HP Jandy Variable Speed ePump - Pentair 3 HP Spa Jet - Polaris 280 with booster - Pentair Cartridge Filter - 400K BTU MiniMax Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening pool - First Spring Reults

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Perfect - thanks. Looks like I may just need to increase CYA a bit. Ill search around for the best procedure to do that.

Here is a pic from today [attachment=0:dfjjgbj5]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365967497.788315.jpg[/attachment:dfjjgbj5]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25K gal plaster IG pool/spa - Aqua Pure SWG - Jandy RS8 with OneTouch and iAqualink - 1.5HP Jandy Variable Speed ePump - Pentair 3 HP Spa Jet - Polaris 280 with booster - Pentair Cartridge Filter - 400K BTU MiniMax Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Gorgeous pool!
    Add powdered stabilizer to a regular old gym sock and hang it in front of a return. I'd start with half the dose and keep an eye on the test results. It's easy to add more if it's needed, but if you overshoot your target you could end up draining & refilling. I added what I thought it said to add and checked it a few days later- I was right where I needed to be, with one of the socks still being half full (I started at 0). I guess it was because I'd been massaging the sock every time I walked past rather than waiting for it do dissolve on it's own. Either way, I'm glad I checked it rather than waiting. I would have overshot it by a mile!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Big_kid
    Gorgeous pool!
    Add powdered stabilizer to a regular old gym sock and hang it in front of a return. I'd start with half the dose and keep an eye on the test results. It's easy to add more if it's needed, but if you overshoot your target you could end up draining & refilling. I added what I thought it said to add and checked it a few days later- I was right where I needed to be, with one of the socks still being half full (I started at 0). I guess it was because I'd been massaging the sock every time I walked past rather than waiting for it do dissolve on it's own. Either way, I'm glad I checked it rather than waiting. I would have overshot it by a mile!
    Thanks!

Good info ill get an old sock ease into bringing it up.