Pool install TOMORROW - questions

afreil

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
Nashville, TN
After months of planning and researching the pool is being installed tomorrow! I am anxious and nervous. I keep asking myself questions: Did I order everything he'll need for the install? How will I know if he installs something wrong? On and on and on.
I do have a couple of questions for you guys:

1 - I did not order a Gorilla Pad. Should I provide some landscape fabric for the installer to put down under the sand?

2 - After install, one side of the pool will be less than 24" above ground. Until we have the deck built, how can I temporarily keep it safe from animals & kids jumping in? A solar cover? A temporary fence of some sort?

Not really. Our yard is sloped and I expect him to have to dig out approx. 2 ft. on one side which will leave that side pretty accessible until some type of barrier goes around it.
I'll post photos during the install tomorrow.

You really need to buy a fence to keep children and animals away from the pool. Go to Lowes or something and buy a roll of fencing with the stakes and put around it until you are ready for the deck. Atleast it would be a barrier instead of wide open, here I am, come jump in me disaster ya know?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.