Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool install TOMORROW - questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool install TOMORROW - questions

After months of planning and researching the pool is being installed tomorrow! I am anxious and nervous. I keep asking myself questions: Did I order everything he'll need for the install? How will I know if he installs something wrong? On and on and on.
    I do have a couple of questions for you guys:

1 - I did not order a Gorilla Pad. Should I provide some landscape fabric for the installer to put down under the sand?

2 - After install, one side of the pool will be less than 24" above ground. Until we have the deck built, how can I temporarily keep it safe from animals & kids jumping in? A solar cover? A temporary fence of some sort?
    Sharkline Matrix 28', Pentair SD80 sand filter, Pentair Optiflo 1hp/2spd pump, Intellichlor ic40 (installed 7/2013)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool install TOMORROW - questions

Is this gonna be a half buried AGP?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Not really. Our yard is sloped and I expect him to have to dig out approx. 2 ft. on one side which will leave that side pretty accessible until some type of barrier goes around it.
    I'll post photos during the install tomorrow.
    Sharkline Matrix 28', Pentair SD80 sand filter, Pentair Optiflo 1hp/2spd pump, Intellichlor ic40 (installed 7/2013)

4. Back To Top    #4

You really need to buy a fence to keep children and animals away from the pool. Go to Lowes or something and buy a roll of fencing with the stakes and put around it until you are ready for the deck. Atleast it would be a barrier instead of wide open, here I am, come jump in me disaster ya know?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter