Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to control wasps who love it under my deck.

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to control wasps who love it under my deck.

Well they started already since we had a few warm days, the wasps are out and looking for a place to start there nests under my deck. This winter i checked under every floor joists cavity and removed about 20 nests. I know they are territorial and try to come back to the same nest every year but for the next 2 months it is just not fun to sit out there and enjoy everything.

Has anyone come up with any ideas of how to control, stop or anything to make them go somewhere else?
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Trying to control wasps who love it under my deck.

Try leaving the nests but only after you have sprayed them with wasp spray. After they get wind of it, they will leave and head elsewhere to make a home.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

I tried leaving the nest last summer but it didn't work, but might still be worth a try. This year I am trying moth balls, I am hearing they don't like the smell

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    I tried leaving the nest last summer but it didn't work, but might still be worth a try. This year I am trying moth balls, I am hearing they don't like the smell
    i don't like the smell of moth balls either. I have heard some people say it helped a little and others say it did nothing.
    Thanks for the tip, but i have to pass on the moth balls......1500 SF of moth balls would gag me
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube