Our DIY block IG vinyl pool in IL! (lots of pics)

What a cool build. And great progress - even though a late start. Good luck hosting the family reunion! My cousin filled his pool 3 days before we all descended on his house for 2 days of family reunion fun. I'm sure he's regretting it now :). I am a fan of the steps all the way across, it makes for nice seating in the pool.

Thanks! I hope the reunion goes well too. :) I'm very excited about the full length steps.

Ohhhhhhhhh How pretty is that pantry! I love it! How brave you are to have open shelves. Is it hard to keep it looking neat?

George is one fine looking fellow! Did you raise him?

Wood in kitchen? I do not like wood in wet areas-kitchen and bathroom. Seen too many times of overflow, spills, etc that cause big problems with a wood floor.

I like the idea for your bathroom. How neat that you were able to turn that room into a bathroom. That and the upstairs laundry had to be hard due to plumping and such.

Do you think there will ever be a day when you can step back and say-----------DONE! There is nothing else that NEEDS to be done. (need and want to are two different things so.......)

Kim

Ohhhhhhhhh How pretty is that pantry! I love it! How brave you are to have open shelves. Is it hard to keep it looking neat?

George is one fine looking fellow! Did you raise him?

Wood in kitchen? I do not like wood in wet areas-kitchen and bathroom. Seen too many times of overflow, spills, etc that cause big problems with a wood floor.

I like the idea for your bathroom. How neat that you were able to turn that room into a bathroom. That and the upstairs laundry had to be hard due to plumping and such.

Do you think there will ever be a day when you can step back and say-----------DONE! There is nothing else that NEEDS to be done. (need and want to are two different things so.......)

Kim

It isn't too bad keeping it neat. They are all original, from 1874, so I didn't want to change anything.

No, we didn't raise George. We have chickens and one day two years ago, a guy stopped to ask us if we would take his turkey that he had to find a new home for and we said yes.

Yes, I love wood in the kitchen. It's common in our area, not in bathrooms though. I hate my ceramic. :)

I do think that things will be somewhat done, but will need upkeep. We will at least be done with the structural parts and the major renovating.

- - - Updated - - -

The concrete decking was poured yesterday!
056D63CC-87A6-4A32-A351-1135D48C9CCC_zpsvmqcupwt.jpg

The are installing the liner today!! I'm so excited!!

YES! That looks great! What a pretty liner you picked. Was it a custom liner?

Will yo have steps or such at the deep end?

Will you be putting in grass or ??? beyond the poured deck.

What fun you are going to have this weekend!
Kim

YES! That looks great! What a pretty liner you picked. Was it a custom liner?

Will yo have steps or such at the deep end?

Will you be putting in grass or ??? beyond the poured deck.

What fun you are going to have this weekend!
Kim

The liner was custom made to fit the pool, but the design is not custom.

We will have a ladder in the deep end. They haven't cut the holes yet, because the water level has to get to a certain point first. They will be cutting the jets, skimmers and lights today and we have the tanker coming a few more times with loads of water to fill it. They will install the slide and diving board today and the ladder.

Yes, we will put grass around the concrete. We might do a rock retaining wall at the shallow end because it's higher there. My husband will cut it down some but we'll probably put rocks. We have piles of field rocks that will look great here! :)

Thanks! I'm thrilled that my family will be able to use it this weekend! The filter and heater should be up and running and I have my TF-100 and speed stir ready to go! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome - we are excited to see it filled with water!

Thanks, me too! :) I'll be sharing pictures!

- - - Updated - - -

This has been a really cool build to follow. I love those steps. They are going to be a popular hangout spot for kids to play and to just lounge on.

Congratulations!

Thank you! I think the steps will be a great place to hang out. I'm glad we decided to go with them!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.