Absorbic acid treatment

Mar 5, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
I did a absorbic acid treatment to remove brown stains . (5 lbs.)
We have never had them in 30 years.
Pool looks like new , using jacks magic purple stuff. (3 bottles at first than 1 a week)
I need to drain my pool next weekend becuse my CYA is over 100 due to adding way too much stablizer. At the same time i will install some color splash 3g lights i have ordered.

Question : Will my sequestered metal all be gone after the drain and rinse down with the hose.
Or do i need to scrub the surface ?? The surface is pure white now.

And bringing the chemicals back up with new water , tabs and powder shock until good levels for my SWG to take over ??? Or should i use liquid shock from home depot ?? Or bleach ??

Thanks....

There is no need to scrub the surface.

There is some chance there will be new metals in the fill water, assuming that doesn't happen, then yes the metals will be gone.

The ideal chemicals to use with a fresh fill depend on your starting levels. Test the TA and CH levels of your fill water to get an idea of what to expect. You will want to raise the CYA level a great deal, as a fresh fill never has any CYA.

Got it !!! Thats a good idea to test fill water.
I just took my light out and it's in bad shape no leaks but the socket is coming apart it needs to be removed and replaced, it was original vintage 1983 !!! Anybody know where i can get 2 lights that fit in a Anthony model 30 hole !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.