Leaking pool

Nov 12, 2010
Nokomis, Florida
Hello everyone! We have a leak in our pool. I'd say it's serious, although I really have no idea. Our pool leaks down about 2 feet below what is considered full at a moderate/fast rate. It pretty much remains at that level, leaking then becomes EXTREMELY slow.

Yes, we have bubbles when we first turn the pump on.

My husband did some digging in our yard and basically said all the pipes appear to be under our concrete pool deck. It's beyond what we can do ourselves and will call an expert. I realize different parts of the country have different rates, depending on the contractor, ect... But I was wondering if anyone could give me SOME kind of ball park figure on what I may expect to pay in SW Florida for leak repairs. On the assumption it is a plumbing leak.

Any guidance regarding choosing someone, what to expect, what we shouldn't expect, ect.... would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

THANKS in advance.

I can't help you on leak repair costs, but it seem to me you might already have a good clue. Since the pool stoped leaking at 2 ft, your leak must be at that level. Is there a light or something in your pool at that level? Is your equipment pad below your pool level?

That suggests the leak is in the plumbing at that depth. That is a difficult situation. Pin pointing the leak is tricky and repairing it will usually require tearing out and then replacing some of the deck.

Does any of the ground around the deck seem damper than other places?

Does it leak slower when the pump is running? Or does it not seem to matter if the pump is on or not?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

That seems to narrow it down to something on the pressure side. So the return pipes and not the suction pipes.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.