Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: foaming

1. Back To Top    #1

Our pool foams we have had a few leaks, we would send the part back and replace it and the pool would be OK for a while.
    We use Bacquacil but are thinking of changing. We have always used this in other pools and never a problem.
    We have an Intex pool above ground pool. We have never had one of these before, but due to area space where we had no trees we could only find this one. No room for in-ground pool. We changed the pump out to a larger one and have had to replace a couple of parts. WE are not sure if another leak which we can not seem to find one or if it is the Bacquacil and if we should change to chlorine pool. This is a 12'X 18'x 52" above ground pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: foaming

Welcome to tfp, loggon

I would recommend changing from the Bacquacil to chlorine. If you use the google search at the very lower left of the screen you can find many people with problems and also many success stories in converting. Also, you will end up saving money.

Here is the poolschool article on "Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine", in your case you might want to consider a full drain refill as part of the process, but you will still need to change your filter media.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.