Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy Water

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lewisville, TX

Cloudy Water

I just cleaned my DE grids and backwashed. When I starting running my filter like normal looked like some residue fom the backwash was still in there and came back in my pool via returns. It cleared up, but the water is still slightly cloudy. Is this normal? I fills the skimmers with DE and plan to run the pump throughout the night with efforts that it should be crystal clear again. If this isn't normal, do I need to backwash again just more thoroughly?
    16K gal Plaster Pool (built approx. 1999)| 2HP Purex Triton WhisperFlo Pump | Polaris PB4 Booster Pump | Purex Triton Sea Horse Cartridge Filter FSH 500 (DE grids inside) | Hayward Vari-Flo Valve | Compool 3-Way Valves | Chlorine/Bromine Feeder Model 320 (Rainbow Lifegard) | Laars Lite Heater | Whisper Jet II (Tropic Air) | 6'9" x 6'9" Spa
    Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Cloudy Water

Sounds like you nailed it.

Or you didn't re-seat a grid right, or you tore one. If it clears up, you're fine.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!