Jandy iaqualink for PDA

jkurl

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2012
Fairfield, ca
I am looking at upgrading my system to the iaqualink from the PDA. I have the Autelis controller but it is just as slow as the PDA. I really don't think that is Autelis fault. I called pool supply world as they were the cheapest and they are always super helpful. I spoke to Erica about it and just to be safe she asked me to call Jandy to confirm something about my system as i might have been about to take advantage of the cheaper upgrade and call her back as she didn't want to sell me the wrong upgrade.

What I found out from Jandy is if you have the PDA no matter what firmware you have the only upgrade you can do to get iaqualink is IQ900-RS which is about $500. I called Erica back and gave her the info. Apparently Jandy has abandon the IQ900-PDA and won't be putting it out. If you are looking at upgrading the PDA to iaqualink remember to search for IQ900-RS. Pool supply world will most likely be the cheapest. Oh and Erica emailed me a quote that is good for 30 days in case it goes up and I want to buy it I am locked in for that timeframe.

Jerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wanted the IAqualink for my pool when it was built about 7 months ago. My builder said I would have to wait for the upgrade. When I found out the price, I laughed my A** off. Really??? You want $500 bucks for me to use my phone as a controller? Good luck with that. And good luck with me EVER recommending your products to a friend or neighbor. Although my whole system is Jandy I will NEVER recommend their products. If you guys at Jandy can have the biggest display at the Pool and Spa show in New Orleans last fall, you are spending waaaaaay too much money on the suckers. Give your clients a good product at a fair price and then word of mouth will carry you. As far as I am concerned my initial install of Jandy products will be the last products I ever buy from you.

I decided to go back to the autelis pool control. I forgot about the built in mobile app and was trying to use the Web app. The mobile app is much better. A little slow but way better than using the PDA. Other priorities took over like getting a new BBQ island.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
I wanted the IAqualink for my pool when it was built about 7 months ago. My builder said I would have to wait for the upgrade. When I found out the price, I laughed my A** off. Really??? You want $500 bucks for me to use my phone as a controller? Good luck with that. And good luck with me EVER recommending your products to a friend or neighbor. Although my whole system is Jandy I will NEVER recommend their products. If you guys at Jandy can have the biggest display at the Pool and Spa show in New Orleans last fall, you are spending waaaaaay too much money on the suckers. Give your clients a good product at a fair price and then word of mouth will carry you. As far as I am concerned my initial install of Jandy products will be the last products I ever buy from you.

If you think the iaqualink upgrade is high, you should price out a screenlogic system from Pentair. :shock:

ComputerGuyInNOLA said:

IQ900-RS includes a new Aqualink RS board, the iAqualink antenna box and a Rev R chip pre-flashed for Pool/Spa combo 8 aux. $500 for a brand new board and control of your pool equipment from a smartphone, laptop, and computer from anywhere in the world is a steal in my book.

IQ900 is the iAqualink antenna box and Rev R chip. If you have an Aqualink RS board already that is Rev N through QQ, this is the part you would want to use to upgrade. This is selling for $288 on PSW. Another steal.

Just another pool owner wanting something for nothing. :cry: Tsk tsk.

poolguy15 said:
ComputerGuyInNOLA said:

IQ900-RS includes a new Aqualink RS board, the iAqualink antenna box and a Rev R chip pre-flashed for Pool/Spa combo 8 aux. $500 for a brand new board and control of your pool equipment from a smartphone, laptop, and computer from anywhere in the world is a steal in my book.

IQ900 is the iAqualink antenna box and Rev R chip. If you have an Aqualink RS board already that is Rev N through QQ, this is the part you would want to use to upgrade. This is selling for $288 on PSW. Another steal.

From what I got from Jandy is if you have the PDA no matter what firmware you have you have to buy the IQ900-RS. I just put my autelis pool control back in and will just open a port so I can access it anywhere. I just wish iaqualink came out before I got my system.

jkurl said:
poolguy15 said:
ComputerGuyInNOLA said:

From what I got from Jandy is if you have the PDA no matter what firmware you have you have to buy the IQ900-RS. I just put my autelis pool control back in and will just open a port so I can access it anywhere. I just wish iaqualink came out before I got my system.

You heard correct, at least for the time being.

iAqualink currently only runs on an Aqualink RS system. If you have a PDA system, you need to upgrade to Aqualink RS, then purchase iAqualink. IQ900-RS kills 2 birds with one stone. If your Aqualink RS board or chip is Rev C-MMM, you need a new board as well, so IQ900-RS is the way to go. heck of a deal either way.

thepoolman said:
ComputerGuyInNOLA said:

If you think the iaqualink upgrade is high, you should price out a screenlogic system from Pentair. :shock:

I purchased the screenlogic2 for $330 which seemed reasonable. The pool builder wanted $900 (not including install) - mind you I don't need the wireless connector. I'm installing it next time I'm in AZ so we will see how that goes :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.