eco soak and eco spray filter clean in spa water.

TIMMAH

Jun 16, 2009
i refilled the spa about a month ago and used eco spray filter cleaner. i rinsed well and filled the spa and it had a light green tint to it and i had some foam right off the bat. now i had waxed the spa and cleaned everything so i had no idea what it was making the green tint color and foam. but i just soaked my 5 filters in eco soak over night and i rinsed them and installed them. water turned a milky blue with some foam with the jets on. it takes about 20 seconds just to barely see the bottom of the spa. about a minute later it is clear but has a light blue tint now.

eco spray is green and eco soak is blue.

eco soak does say to let the filters air dry witch i didn't do. i had rinsed them really well and rinse them again before i installed each one.

i used 3 cups of spa soak in 15 gallons of water for 5 filters. i wouldn't think there was much residue left on the filters but it did turn the water from a green tint to a blue tint. it doesn't seem like the stuff breaks down in water since i still had the foam and green tint from the eco spray a month after use.
so i'm debating if i should drain and refill or just use the spa for another two months?

So long as you can still measure disinfectant levels (are you using chlorine?), then if you don't mind the color of the water and can still see to the bottom so there's not a safety hazard, then you can just use the spa until the next water change. The color from the chemicals are not likely to be a problem and now you know that these products aren't good to use. This is why we generally say not to add anything except that which is proven to be effective and take a minimalist approach as well as being skeptical about anything new.

i use the 3 step bromine system and my levels are fine.

i only used water for the last 11 years on spa filters. but i do use cascade dishwasher detergent on the pool filters when needed. i was going to use cascade but didn't because i was worried about residue.

i read that post a long time ago to clean the pool filter. the bottle of eco soak said about the same thing. i don't think the filters are, they may be a thinner fabric. i leared my lesson, next time i'll rinse better and dunk them in a clean bucket of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.