Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue Diamond Pool Robot - Tune up

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue Diamond Pool Robot - Tune up

I am coming up on my second year with my blue diamond pool cleaner. How long until a tune up kit is required? I have noticed on my vinyl liner that she (Rosie) sometimes slips, or spins.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue Diamond Pool Robot - Tune up

Anyone have info?

3. Back To Top    #3

Am I asking this question incorrectly? I thought this was a popular robotic cleaner?

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Can you tell us where the "tune-up" kit is available? I don't know about it.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I have seen it several places, but here is one: ... B004KELGMI

Just not sure of life of the individual products. Like when do tracks or bands need replaced, etc?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Amherst, VA

I did the tune up when the PVA "brushes" began to shed bits of blue material into the pool. I probably only needed to replace the PVA, but since I had the drive belts and rollers, I changed them out too. As I recall, that was after about 3 seasons of cleaning. I'm going on 3 seasons again and I haven't noticed any deterioration of the PVA brushes so far. The Blue Diamond is still cleaning like a champ. I'll wait for bits of blue to appear in the pool again, or one of the drive belts to break. Otherwise, I'm happy to let it do its thing!
    Bosqueboy in Virginia

In-ground 20,000 gal vinyl Grecian, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 cartridge filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Superpump, AquaRite salt water chlorine generator, Heat Siphon C575HP heat pump and Blue Diamond robotic cleaner.