DIY Oval pool 12x21 Need Help

Apr 12, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips and or opinions with regards to my pool.
it was put up last august by myself and my bro. at the time it went up it was level properly with patio pavers under the posts but not along the bottom rails.
After a couple of weeks I notice 2 things.
1. One side of the pools looks lower than the other by almost 2 inches you can tell by looking at the water level.
2. One side of the walls is leaning outward. not but much but you can really tell. now on this side I was thinking in building a small deck 4x10 agains the pool but not sure if I need to fix it before.

Is it safe to keep the pool as it is or should I take it down and try to level it again?
what could be causing the wall to lean outward?

any help is appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 142
  • pool2.JPG
    pool2.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 142
I take it this is the side that settled where the wall is pushing outward ?

This could be a problem. What was the ground like on that side? Was the bottom rail sitting flat on top of the ground all the way around ?

yes this is the side where the wall is pushing outward. the ground was level but my area has a mix of rock and dirt so I hired a guy with a bobcat to level it as much as he could before I level as much as I could myself

I would definitely keep an eye on it as I'm sure you are.

Something is definitely going on. 2 inches might be too much out of level with that wall buldging out like that. You don't want it to fail when family is in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
patio blocks where flush with ground and all level all around the sides like

b x x x x xx c
a d
e x x x x x x f

a to and a to e b to c and e to f as well as c t do and f to do but no a to d if I remember correctly

Either it settled or it wasn't truly level.
If it settled your going to have to figure out why, is it on undisturbed soil? Was there perhaps something else done in that area and now the soil has compacted?
If it wasn't accurately levelled, well, that's pretty straight forward.

Bottom line is that 2" exceeds the manufacaturers recommendation so that's a waranty void if anything happens, like pool failure. The general concensus is that 1" is the max you should be out.

There's no way to prop up a metal walled pool, the bottom track also has to be brought up, you'll compromise the integrity, not to mention you've got those side braces as well.

I put my pool up all by myself so I feel your pain man, but there's the safety side to consider, especially if there's kids around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.