Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend pool brush.

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommend pool brush.

We are in need of a new pool brush. The one we have is just wore out and the bristles are coming off in the pool. This was the starter brush the came w/ the pool starter kit. We have a plaster pool and have a SS brush but I only want to use it for algae. I looked at the whale tail brushes. They got great reviews but I wanted to check with you all to see what you might recommend. The whale tail brushes are about $30. I am not opposed to spending that much just want to see if there are brushes that are cheaper and just as good.

Jerry

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommend pool brush.

They're awesome. Old Threads
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Richard,

Thanks for the wall whale threads. I just did a search for pool brushes. I think the wall whale might be the one.

Jerry

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

When you look around at all of these pool service guys, none of them use brushes like this and they are cleaning hundreds of pools a week. Wouldn't you think if an item was so great, a "professional" would be using it? Wouldn't they want to save time so they can clean more pools and make more money?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    When you look around at all of these pool service guys, none of them use brushes like this and they are cleaning hundreds of pools a week. Wouldn't you think if an item was so great, a "professional" would be using it? Wouldn't they want to save time so they can clean more pools and make more money?
    I couldn't tell you what they use I clean my own pool and when the PB did his initial care the 1st 30 days he just used our brush.