Lower PH to 7 using muratic acid (acid lowers PH and TA), then aerate your water to raise PH to around 7.6 without raising TA. Repeat, until you reach your target TA

CYA of 100 is too high and should be lowered via water replacment first. Also CC is way too high and should be addressed by completing the shock process described in pool school.

Edit...Jbizzle beat me to it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Done .. Thanks !! Guess i gotta rent that honda pump i used last time !!!
And buy some salt..
I did a absorbic acid treatment to get rid of some brownish stains , pool looks good but last month stains came back after shocking. Right now i have the metal sequestered with jacks magic purple stuff, would a complete drain and fill get all the metal out for good ?

What size was the bucket of cya?

Seanhan said:
would a complete drain and fill get all the metal out for good ?
Yes, if of course it is metal free water :) Also, as you add make-up water, if that has metals you levels will slowly creep up (though it will take a long time). Beware that completly draining a pool is risky if you have a high ground water since that can "pop" your pool up.

pwrstrk said:
Must have had some cya in there already. 4lbs wouldnt have been enough to raise it to 100 in 30,000 gallons of water unless there was some in there already. Should've tested before adding.
Thats what I'm thinking too. That 4 lbs should have only raised the pool by 16 ppm cya. :scratch:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.