I have been using Permasalt for 2 years now and had found this website last year and a few others that talked about Perma Salt system not actually sanitizing the water. My water was always just ok it didn't smell or anything but was always a bit cloudy. So about half way thru last summer I started using plain old Walmart shock and clarifier and the water cleaned right up and started sparkling. I was think all of life was great until this year as I am opening the pool. It turned very green in a few days after taking the cover off and before I got it filled and running. I have put in 4 1 lb bags of shock and 2 3" chlorine tablets and it is getting better but still cloudy. I do not have a test kit for chlorine yet but I did check with a test strip from the perma salt system for copper and its reading about .4 for copper still. Will this "eat " the chlorine up and what is the best way to get rid of the copper in the pool short of draining it and restarting all new. Also what else should I be doing and looking for. I am new to chlorine system basically since I was using Perma Salt for last 2 1/2 years
Thanks so much in advance.