Hello From Fairfield, Ca

jkurl

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2012
Fairfield, ca
Hello everyone,

My name is Jerry and I have been a pool owner for almost 2 years now. We had our pool built back in spring 2011. I wish we would have found this site before the build process as it would have not been so stressful even though we had a really good pool builder. I will say this is one of the best forums I have visited. I am usually on some type of tech forum and people can get rude real fast. I have not seen that here yet. I am sure it has happened, but not since I have been here. One of the things I like about the site is how knowledgeable and helpful people are. The vendors coming here, helping out and making things right with customers is awesome. We have already got the dreaded algae bloom but we were lucky it was in the first month so the pool builder took care of it. My wife has read pool school since that is her area. I am the everything else. We also quickly found out the test kit you get w/ the pool was not very good. She bought the TF-100 test kit.
With her being a Lab Director of a Environmental for a few years and working in another Lab she keeps the pool dialed in. The flagstone we used on the edge of the pool and part of the water fall is Three Rivers Gorge. We still have a bit of landscaping left to do. Our hill behind the house is close to being started for a landscape make over. We let mother Nature landscape it long enough and she didn't do us any favors.

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
Gallons : ~25K(not sure of actual gallons)
Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter
Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump (Cleaner named Wall-E by my son)
Jandy AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote w/ Autelis Pool Control
Jandy Aqua-Pure SWG
Jandy LED Pool Lights (2)
Jandy e-pump 1.5HP VS
Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

IMG_0006 by jkurl, on Flickr

IMG_0004 by jkurl, on Flickr

IMG_0003 by jkurl, on Flickr

IMG_0005 by jkurl, on Flickr

Sound System
Old Orbit Sprikler Box
RaspberryPI Computer w/ RaspBMC installed
2.5" LCD Screen to montior RPI
Lepai 20W AMP
5.25 360 Degree Flower Pot Speaker(plan for one more of these)

pool sound system by jkurl, on Flickr

Flower pot speaker by jkurl, on Flickr

V/r,
Jerry

Welcome to TFP!!!

FYI, the URL that is put in the IMG tag must be the actual picture. So it will end in .jpg
You are currently linking to a website the contains the picture and not the picture itself.
Unfortunately, I can not see an easy way to grab the correct link ... it is imbedded in the HTML/BBCcode link. Here is the first one for example:

EDIT: oops looks like you got it fixed :goodjob:

jkurl said:
Hello everyone,
I will say this is one of the best forums I have visited. I am usually on some type of tech forum and people can get rude real fast. I have not seen that here yet. I am sure it has happened, but not since I have been here.

I agree, I'm new here and this is a very polite forum (compared to some of the camera and news forums I frequent).

Probably because everyone is so happy and relaxed from swimming in their pools! :)

Welcome to TFP!! :wave:

I agree TFP is totally assume!!!

Don't feel like the lone ranger regarding the pool builder emotional roller coaster ride, mine took 11 weeks an all sub built horror story.... :(

Luckily I'm at home, so I put a stop to most of the sub-contractor shenanigans.... :hammer:

All the best
:cheers: Kirk