Just received my test kit today!!

I have been waiting at the door for my test kit like a dog on his owner. Finally it has arrived, the Taylor 2006. I have never used a test kit before or taken care of a pool. I have a couple of questions.

1) It is raining here today, should I wait till it stops?
2) What about water temperature? Should I take a sample and bring it indoors to warm it up?
3) I have cleaned out allot of the leaves but I haven't been able to run my filter due to the pump being inop. Should I wait to test until I run my filter?

Thank you,

No real point in testing the water until you can have it circulating, because you need it circulating to add any chemicals.

EDIT: Let me add a little.

1) Pool maintenance does not stop because it is raining, there is no problem testing and adding chemicals in the rain. Just get you water sample from deeper in the pool.

2) What is the water temp? Really the only test affected by the temp is the CYA which should be at least room temp. The other tests, pH especially, you want to do right away as the value can change if you wait.

3) The water needs to be mixed to get a good test, so I would wait. Just get as much gunk out as you can.

If you want to test something, you can test your fill water for pH, TA, and CH. There might be some FC or CC in it depending on the source. No need to test CYA as it is zero.

Curious about the CYA at room temp comment. My pool is at 65 degrees... should I bring it in the house and wait until it reaches like 75? Does waiting effect the test (since you're only supposed to mix for only 30 seconds)? Or bring it in, warm it up, then add the reagent? I just replaced 30% of my water because of CYA of 70 (but that was cold water), now it's 50, also cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.