Pump Replacement - Is anything TOO efficient?

dprante said:
So me trying to learn all of this, it seems the ratios are not easy comparable between the two, but the maxflo moves more water, right?
It really depends on your plumbing. Pumbing with more restriction (high pressure loss) then the maxflo will have lower flow than the super vs, if you have very unrestricted plumbing (low pressure loss) the the maxflo will have higher flow than the super vs.

Either one does not appear to me to meet you higher flow requirements during simultaneous skimming and vacuuming. Is doing them at the same time that critical? It could get expensive, and might not even be feasible if you do not have separate runs or big enough suction side plumbing.

That is what i am thinking, i cannot do it now, so really, it is not that critical. I just dont want the power bill like i have been having. WIth that in mind, i have maybe 20 feet of 1.5 line coming in from the skimmer. I feel the the MaxFlo, being the cheapest would be the best option at this point. Its highest speed will power the vaccuum when plugged into the skimmer, and the slow speeds will still turn the water over, and will all in all be cheaper to run the a SuperPumpII.

dprante said:
I just dont want the power bill like i have been having.
How long are you having to run?

dprante said:
WIth that in mind, i have maybe 20 feet of 1.5 line coming in from the skimmer.
Would the vacuum be on the same line in your simultaneous vacuum/skim scenario?

dprante said:
I feel the the MaxFlo, being the cheapest would be the best option at this point.
You should check the dimensions (I haven't yet) to make sure you wouldn't have to rework you pad plumbing.

dprante said:
Its highest speed will power the vaccuum when plugged into the skimmer, and the slow speeds will still turn the water over, and will all in all be cheaper to run the a SuperPumpII.
Definitely!

On cell now so forgive any errors. I have to run for about ten hours in the summer now. Probably longer with variable speed. Phoenix az. And the vac would be plugged in to a different line in the idealistic skim/vac scenario. i am hoping to complete an entire re-work of my setup. The multivalve is held together with some sort of jb weld and other issues. Lol.

You only need to run long enough so the water stays free dirt ... at least as clear as your personal preference. This could be a pretty short run time if you do not get too much dirt ... a haboob would likely require increasing that time ;)

Here is an article in Pool School:
pool-school/pump_run_time

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.