Need new liner and install?

Jul 7, 2011
N. Ga Mountains
So I went to drain winter cover and found large leak in the far side of my 33 ft pool. I knew the time would come for a new liner...just not now but hey, such is my life. My question is, Has anyone ordered a liner on line and from where? I want quality at the lowest possible cost. I needed to re level the pool so now is the time. I live in a very rocky area so was also wondering about putting foam under the liner this go around. Any thoughts?

CindyG1 said:
My question is, Has anyone ordered a liner on line and from where?
I have, but the site I ordered from no longer sells them...sorry...hopefully others will chime in.

CindyG1 said:
I live in a very rocky area so was also wondering about putting foam under the liner this go around. Any thoughts?
I used extruded polystyrene foam board under mine and it worked great. I used 1.5" thick, but others one here have used thinner...I personally wouldn't go any thinner than 1" though. Make sure you use a good tape such as Gorilla tape for the seams, some have suggested doing three strips per seam.

You know what might be a good tape for this ... the stuff used for weather proofing houses like Tyvek. Although I guess this does not really need to be weather tight.

I used some on my vapour barrier under some laminate floor ... very sticky and unaffected by moisture like duct tape is.

Can you feel the seams under the liner? I am going with a 25 gauge vinyl ? Do I need to put sand between the seams or does the tape keep it tight enough? I really appreciate all this help very much. Also, I found an Aquatrol Salt Water generator for a good price. When I mentioned it at the pool store they said that it would always be in her shop area getting fixed and that they are junk. Of course the one she wants to sell me is $250.00 dollars more than the aquatrol 15. She also said if I buy the liner on-line it would probably be very old vinyl...but then she said that they shop for the liner on line for the best price.. How is that different??? Just sayin'! Basically I am rebuilding everything as far as the pool goes except the motor which I purchased new at the end of last swim season..again, thanks to all for your help here.

Tape generally keeps it tight. Don't put sand between. On my pool I did not use gorilla tape and I do have a few joints that are slightly depressed (maybe about 1/4 inch) but not noticable unless you are standing right on it. If I did it again (and I would do the polystyrene again...we love it), I would use gorilla tape which is thicker and I would probably pay even closer attention to having good edges on my polystyrene.

CindyG1 said:
Also, I found an Aquatrol Salt Water generator for a good price.
If you use the google search down at very low left and put in aquatrol you will find some threads on it. Generally, I think people have had good luck with it, though you will see some threads dealing with issues. However, you will see those type of threads with every brand of swg.

CindyG1 said:
She also said if I buy the liner on-line it would probably be very old vinyl...but then she said that they shop for the liner on line for the best price.. How is that different???
:wink: I and many others on here have bought those "old vinyl" liners and seem to be doing fine. In fact my "old liner" was very pliable and stretched nicely into my deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.