Skimmers.

Aug 7, 2012
NY
Hi all, I bought my Intex pool last year. I am about to start opening and I am wondering whether i should install a thru the wall skimmer. The Intex pools comes with a skimmer but it's inside the pool. I saw some treads on this but I am very confused on which, wide, normal? piping? etc. Can somebody in the forum clear the subject for me. Thx Marcelo

Most people are very happy after installing a skimmer on their Intex pools. Most use the standard skimmer and either hose or hard pipe it to the pump. The choice of whether to install the skimmer comes down to how nervous are you about cutting a hole in your perfectly good pool. :)

Well, I noticed that there are templates and instructions on how to cut etc.. That's what I am looking for. On top of that, there is the piping. My pool has 2 valves one return and one to the filter. If I install a skimmer I have to shut the one to the filter and have only the skimmer?
I was Looking for pix or videos but I could not find.

I too am considering installing a thru wall skimmer in my intex pool. From what I have learned you have to lower the normal water level about 4" for this type of skimmer to function properly. I'm not sure if I want to give up that much depty in a 52" pool.

I am not sure about that! I thought you lower the level to install the skimmer but you could add the water to the same level as before!!
Hope somebody in the forum can clear that for us! If that's the case, I have to think a little more on the idea.
tkx,
Marcelo

The thru wall skimmer has to be installed a few inches below the top band on intex pools for it to seal properly. I normally fill my pool to the bottom edge if the top band. That being the case my normal water level would completely cover the skimmer opeming rendering it useless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.