Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doheny Water Warehouse

1. Back To Top    #1

Doheny Water Warehouse

I ordered a Dolphin DX4 from Doheny Water Warehouse a couple of weeks ago, the unit showed up 3 days later and was clearly a used product, I called their customer service who sent me a return label, I shipped it back and a few days later a replacement arrived, and it was another used unit???? The boxes were in terrible condition and had clearly been opened several times previously and resealed etc. The units were not packed properly etc.

I've given up and I'm getting a refund but I wanted to a) warn others that this is happening and b) see if my experience was unusual with these guys?
    30k gal IG plaster, DE Filter, WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair Heater, Jandy AquaLink PDA, Spa, Dolphin DX4 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doheny Water Warehouse

I just received my Dolphin Discovery from Doheny's last night. First time purchase from them and I must say it was pretty smooth.

Box and everything seemed unopened...there was plastic still around the rollers and the filter was obviously unused. They have 8 warehouses across the US, so I would assume yours probably shipped out of a different warehouse than mine with you being in L.A. and me being in LA. (I think mine came out of Memphis).

Based on my experience, price, fast shipping I will give them another shot for sure.
    20,000 gallon, free-form, plaster, SWG, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, Dolphin Discovery

3. Back To Top    #3

I took delivery of my Discovery yesterday. It was raining so I have not put it into the pool yet, but will do so this evening.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Ran the Discovery last night for the first time.

Did a pretty. Nice job but struggled to get past the small ridge below the the line in my fiberglass pool. When I used the remote I was able to get it up and over the ridge to scrub the tile line so I suspect I might need to make some sort of setting adjustment to get it to do it without my help.

All in all a good first experience, and having a cart is a nice addition.

I'll fiddle with it more over the weekend to see if I can improve performance.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

I've used them for over 10 years for solar covers, pool & deck paint, and a few miscellaneous items---never had a problem and prices were best I've found.