About to pull the trigger on a Heritage... Final thoughts??

Jul 22, 2011
Finally got some decent info from a pool installer. Was going to go with the Matrix or Venture, but to my surprise he actually told me (with what I want done), the Heritage would be a better fit. I have decided on either a 24' or 27' (gotta see what will actually fit) 54" wall, buried 24" deep, with a 72" deep end in 1/2 the pool. This leaves some wiggle room now (cost wise) for pump/filter/accessories/etc. When trying to put together a package on PSW it only lets you choose the Waterway stuff... I know you don't have to choose this, so what would be a more "fitting" pump and filter for what I have above. I have a pool rover, so no need for another cleaner. I also may install a DIY PVC fountain to cool down the water during the ridiculous periods we have here, but other than that, no heaters and such.

I also would like to get something that trickles chlorine at a rate I can set. Saw the pool frog... looks kinda chinsy... idk...

anything else you would like to recommend I start out with?

Thanks guys!

Re: About to pull the trigger on a Heritage... Final thought

Stay away from the Frog!!!

On a 24' or 27' pool I'd go with a 1 hp 2-speed aboveground pump. I'd recommend either ~250 lb sand filter or at least a 200 sqft cartridge filter.

I see that you have a swg now, so why not just stick with one on the new pool?
If you don't want a swg, you could install a peristaltic injection pump and inject bleach in a somewhat automated fashion.

Bama Rambler said:
Stay away from the Frog!!!

On a 24' or 27' pool I'd go with a 1 hp 2-speed aboveground pump. I'd recommend either ~250 lb sand filter or at least a 200 sqft cartridge filter.

I see that you have a swg now, so why not just stick with one on the new pool?
If you don't want a swg, you could install a peristaltic injection pump and inject bleach in a somewhat automated fashion.

it may have been just the intex one, but i really think i'm done with the whole swg thing... couldn't seem to keep up with us... i like the idea on the peri pump... i'll have to see if i can find some more info on that...

DigiManTX said:
Finally got some decent info from a pool installer. Was going to go with the Matrix or Venture, but to my surprise he actually told me (with what I want done), the Heritage would be a better fit. I have decided on either a 24' or 27' (gotta see what will actually fit) 54" wall, buried 24" deep, with a 72" deep end in 1/2 the pool. Thanks guys!

DigimanTX,

I don't mean to be nosy, but I'm just curious what was the determining factor in choosing the Heritage over the Matrix? I'm also considering these two pools and am leaning towards the Matrix because of the resin uprights and top rails and possibly longer lifespan but I'm just wondering if the pool installer may have told you something about the two pools that could sway my decision also. I know the heritage is cheaper and that is appealing but I kind of like the look of the resin top rails after I saw them. I'm not doing a deep end, but may consider adding one in a few years maybe when I have to get a new liner possibly. I'm just researching and trying to find out any information I can before I make my final decision.

Thanks,
Stingray

Future Matrix? pool owner

cruiser310 said:
DigimanTX,

I don't mean to be nosy, but I'm just curious what was the determining factor in choosing the Heritage over the Matrix? I'm also considering these two pools and am leaning towards the Matrix because of the resin uprights and top rails and possibly longer lifespan but I'm just wondering if the pool installer may have told you something about the two pools that could sway my decision also. I know the heritage is cheaper and that is appealing but I kind of like the look of the resin top rails after I saw them. I'm not doing a deep end, but may consider adding one in a few years maybe when I have to get a new liner possibly. I'm just researching and trying to find out any information I can before I make my final decision.

Thanks,
Stingray

Future Matrix? pool owner

it had to do with the fact that i wanted it counter-sunk in the ground 2ft coupled with me wanting a deep end. said the steel rails would do better in that situation.

I'm not an installer and I'll admit that I may very well be wrong but I don't think I believe that a steel post is stronger or more suited than a resin post for this sort of thing.
There's a pervading myth in AGP's that resin isn't strong, it is.

Like I said, I could be wrong when it comes to partially burying a pool, I think resin would be plenty strong and resin won't rust like steel will, same for the bottom track and post supports.

Just my 2 cents.

cramar said:
I'm not an installer and I'll admit that I may very well be wrong but I don't think I believe that a steel post is stronger or more suited than a resin post for this sort of thing.
There's a pervading myth in AGP's that resin isn't strong, it is.

Like I said, I could be wrong when it comes to partially burying a pool, I think resin would be plenty strong and resin won't rust like steel will, same for the bottom track and post supports.

Just my 2 cents.

That's kind of what I was thinking to Cramar, that I would rather have a resin bottom rail and resin uprights below the ground so there would less chance of rust. And as far as the top rail the resin actually seemed stronger and thicker then the steel top rail to me and looked like it had less of a chance of being bent or scratched.

Thanks for the info guys.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sorry to thread hyjack...I will keep it short:
Bama Rambler said:
Comparing my resin top rails to my sis' metal ones, mine's definitely stronger and more stable. Mine's also walk-on rated and her's isn't.
Bama, what brand agp do you have? I have wondered if my aqualeader (I have no documentation) with resin rails is walk-on rated since it seem sturdy enough.

well, it looks like i'm killin the deep-end idea anyways... the more i think about it, the more it's not worth the extra cost to me... so i'm back to looking at the venture or matrix... leaning more towards the venture...

with regards to liners... is there any real benefit to me to get the unibead vs the overlap?

:stirpot: I know we love our deep end...it was definitely worth the considerable extra work (diy). Do you have kids?

DigiManTX said:
with regards to liners... is there any real benefit to me to get the unibead vs the overlap?
Unibead with a bead receiver on the pool can be replaced without removing the rails...but they are not expandable for deep ends (but I believe some folks have said they can still be used for slight center dish outs).

I'm not trying to steer you to one pool or the other, it just seems like the PB's view is suspect, in my opinion.

Unibead is actually 2 types in one, one way it can sit in a track and the other is that it can go on the top of the wall as a sort of hook, I used the hook style on mine as it seemed easier.
The overlap literally overlaps the wall so the liner can be seen from the outside of the pool.

If you google this you'll see lots of pics on them.
Personally I'd recommend unibead.

The bead receive will probably have to be purchased...but it usually does not cost much. A unibead liner can be either used as a j-hook or as a bead (you remove the j-hook part) that fits into a bead receiver. To replace you liner without removing the top rails requires the bead receivers. This link has some nice pictures showing it: http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/dept.asp?dept_id=2906&FNM=93

I have had the single depth pool and now have the deep end. I cannot stress this enough, you will regret not getting the deep end. Not sure how tall you are but I am 6 feet and let me tell you a 4 foot deep pool sucks. the cost difference should only be a couple hundred. Seriously, think about the deep end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.