Intellichlor IC 40 Yellow and Green light blinking

Jun 23, 2009
Fresno CA
I have IC40 that has yellow light and green light blinking. I have removed to do acid wash according to Pentair's instructions but no bubbling. I did see some scaling or some substance on the metal plates. I tried the acid wash and then tried some dish soap. Any recommendations on how to remove? Any good degreasers or is this cell done?

I have had the cell since June 08 so the five year mark is about here. I did hold down the Boost button and cell life indicates 4000.

FC 5.0
TA =80
PH=7.6
CH=400
CYA=60
TEMP=66

Here is a pic:

P1040375_zpsda944c47.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

A clearer pic would help. Use the macro setting on the camera to get a sharper image at close range. What is the salt level in the pool? You will need to bring a sample to your pool store to get this. Lights on the cell wont answer this question.

Just quick update:
When I inspect the cell the plates inside look the same with some buildup but it is working. Now that the water temp is at 70 all the green lights are on and it is producing chlorine. I have tested the chlorine levels and it is maintaining.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.